What are cookies and what are they used for?
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your browser (on your PC, smartphone, tablet, etc.) when you visit a website, app or platform.
Cookies offer huge advantages in providing information society services, as they make it easier to navigate, and help us to improve the quality of the services we offer our users. Amongst other things, cookies enable information on a user's browsing habits to be stored and recovered, which helps us to know which pages or utilities on a website, app or platform are useful and which not, so we can improve them, and, depending on the information they contain and the way in which the device is used, they can also be used to recognise the user.
Types of cookies used on this site
According to the organisation managing them:
- Our own cookies: those we send to a user's device from a device or domain managed by TMB and from which the services requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: sent to the user's device from a device or domain not managed by TMB, but by a third party.
According to the time they are active:
- Session cookies: these are temporary and are in the user's browser until the user leaves the website, app or platform. These cookies make navigation easier.
- Persistent cookies: these are stored on the user's device and can be accessed for a period of time established by those responsible for the cookie (this could be minutes or years).
According to purpose:
- Technical cookies: these enable the user to browse a website, app or platform.
- Personalisation cookies: these enable the user to access a service with predefined general features, such as language, type of browser, etc.
- Analysis cookies: these enable us to quantify the number of users and undertake measurements and statistical analysis of the activity of websites, apps and platforms, and to draw up user browsing profiles to improve services.
TMB's own cookies used on this website are technical and personalization cookies and, at the same time, session or persistent cookies. Pursuant to Article 22.2 of Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on information society services and electronic commerce, the aforementioned TMB own cookies do not require the consent of the user.
Own cookies used on this website:
Emitter: Transports de Barcelona, S.A.
Description: It allows to identify and record the user session in the Drupal content manager.
Emitter: Transports de Barcelona, S.A.
Description: Recognizes the server that is being accessed and, if there is more than one, distributes or balances the load between servers.
Third-party cookies used on this website:
Nom: _ga i _gat
Emitter: Google Analytics
Description: Collect information about the websites visited, the time on each page and the browser used, in order to offer statistics that allow optimization of navigation.
Options open to users of this website
Users have three options:
- Not to click on "Accept" when the warning on cookies appears and carry on browsing the website. In this case, the user is considered to have accepted the installation cookies, but, unlike in the previous case, the message will appear every time you browse this website.
- Set their browser to restrict, block or delete installed cookies or prevent them from being installed.
In any case, the user can revoke acceptance of cookies by deleting them from their browser settings.
Users can restrict, block or delete cookies installed on their computers by configuring the options in their browser. If you block the installation of cookies, you may not have access to some of our sections and utilities, or you may even be unable to browse them.
If you use Internet Explorer, you can get information on how to block or delete cookies at: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
If you use Firefox, you can get information on how to block or delete cookies at: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
If you use Chrome, you can get information on how to block or delete cookies at: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
If you use Safari, you can get information on how to block or delete cookies at: https://www.apple.com/privacy/use-of-cookies/